It is always yourself that you find at the sea

I stood on the clifftop and I looked around,as far as the eye could see,
there were soft rolling waves where the sea meets the sky,
Harsh but beautiful cliffs where the sea meets land,
and the waves become more fierce.

The smell of the salt, and the feel of it on my skin,
and the sound of nothing but the rhythmic roaring waves below.

' for whatever we lose like a you, or a me, it is always yourself that you find at the sea' a quote from someone elses poem.

I felt I found myself there,
I was more myself than I'd been in a long while,and I felt free.
Then I realised, I was not lost before,I was always myself.
But standing and connecting with the vastness and power of the sea,
reminded me of the greater greatness of my God,
And I was able to once more lose myself.

For my better self, the one I seek to find,
is always hidden in the losing of myself,
into the everlasting arms of my creator

Comments