Amazing Women

I have a book on my to do list, it is aimed at children, girls I suppose, but anyone really, it's about all the amazing Women who have played a vital part in making history, from scientists to social activists, it includes many who most people wont have heard of, and many whose accomplisments were not recognised as they should have been at the time.  It got me thinking, and I wrote this:

The whole world should know your name,
What you did may have been repeated,
But you were first, you were so brave
And the whole world should know your name.

I wish I had known you then,
I would like to learn about you,
What you did changed the world,
But the world forgot about you.
Why were you seen as inconsequencial,
Your voices not heard above a whisper,
But whispers work magic in all the right places,
When spoken by women who follow their passions.

I would like to know your names,
So may women, I'd like to thank you,
You could inspire others to do the same,
And the whole world should know your names.

Comments

  1. Great poem love, "But whispers work magic in all the right places,"
    Is " So may women" correct?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment